As of May 5th (one month prior to our race date) we have finally been given approval for the use of the race venue. We have opened registration for the 38th running of the Mach Tenn Triathlon. We are limited to 150 participants. Because of the late start for the planning of the race as well as the COVID precautions that will be in place – the race will be just a bit different this year. Since we are just getting started with the planning process – we will fill in some of the updates/changes here as we go.
- Limited number of participants – 150
- We will ask that you self-screen the morning of the race for COVID symptoms and if you are experiencing any – we ask that you stay home.
- There will only be 3 bikes per bike rack in transition. There will be one bike on each end of the rack and one in the middle of the rack. The bikes on each end will need to be on the same side with the bike in the middle on the opposite side of the rack. The beauty of this is that it give you plenty of transition space. Also remember our transition area is open racking – so no assigned spot.
- We ask if you are traveling with someone, that you rack your bikes together.
- We will keep with our normal time trial start for the swim – but this year the time between participants starts will be approximately 15 seconds. This is considerably longer than our normal 3 to 6 seconds between starting participants.
- All of the water stations will be self-serve. There will be a water stations at the following locations: swim course exit, exit of the transition area onto the run, on the run course approximately one mile out such that you pass it at mile 1 and 3, on the run course at approximately the turnaround point. The cups will be placed on the table and you will grab your water – no one will hand it to you.
- You will do your own body marking. Information on how this should be done will be sent in an email the week of the race. If you can do the marking prior to leaving your house the morning of the race – that is great. If not – we will have markers that you may use available in the transition area.
- We will not have an award ceremony. There will be awards that you may drop by and pickup. We will be posting results online during the race such that you can check them prior to leaving the race venue.
0.6 Mile Swim/ 16 Mile Bike/ 4 Mile RunCourse
REGISTRATIONRegistration can be found here: https://www.reg2run.com/index.php/event_details/265
AWARDSThe information below will likely change a bit – updates coming.
Awards will be presented to the following groups – Overall, Masters, 14 & Under, 15-19 ,20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+, Clydesdale/Athena Open & MastersAwards