- There is no race day registration
- The race is limited to a total of 420 individual participants and teams.
- The Mach Tenn is a USAT sanctioned race. Thus all USA Triathlon rules apply. You can find a copy of the rules on the USA Triathlon website. All participants are expected to have read and understand the rules.
- Most Commonly Violated Rules
- Check-in and race packet pick-up will be at the transition area from 4 pm to 6 pm, on Friday June 1, and from 6:00 am to 7:30 am on Saturday, June 2.
- Swim Caps will be provided for all participants.
Team or Club Competition
- If you are a member of a club or team – please indicate the club name on your entry form when you register
- Awards will be given for the largest team present
- There will also be an award for the fastest team. The fastest will be determined based on the number of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd awards each team receives.
Course Description (course maps and profiles can be found on the course page)
- Swim: 0.6 — Lake swim in Woods Reservoir with an approximate 6 second interval seeded start.
- Bike: 15 miles — Loop around the lake with some rolling hills but no hard climbs.
- Run: 4 miles — Out and back with rolling hills.
- Swimmers will start sequentially in a “time trial” format.
- Participants will be seeded based on estimated swim and bike times provided on registration form.
- Swimmer #1 will start at 8:00 am with succeeding swimmers starting at approximate 6 second intervals.
- Registration fee increases go into effect after -March 26, and May 7
- Registration will close on Thursday, May 31 or when the participant list reaches 420, which ever comes first.
- USAT rules indicate that participants may wear wetsuits with no penalty if the temperature of the water is 78 degrees or less. Historically, the water temperature of Woods Reservoir on the first Saturday of June has been less than 78 degrees.